Thursday, February 25, 2010

well it's finished





I used oil based paint that i already had from the play kitchen project. Also used tissue paper, mod podge that again i already had. The stickers i had left over from decorating her room and those came on a huge sheet from the dollar store. I paid $11 for the stand. All in all I'm happy with it. Just wish the tissue paper cooperated a bit more. Really my expectations are too high for tissue paper. What did i expect? when you wet tissue paper you should expect it to rip and crumble! lesson learned tissue paper is not good for large projects. I should have waited to find the perfect wrapping paper as planed but i thought the tissue paper would go perfectly with the light switch i made her.

3 comments:

Diann said...

It turned out cute! This is on my "to-do project" list. I got a free nightstand that I need to redo for the princess's room. I am just waiting for some warmer weather so I can work outside. I think I am going to use scrapbook paper. I haven't had much luck with the tissue paper. Thanks for showing us your pretty redo!

fawnda said...

Great job! I love the little tulips on the side! : )

Heather said...

Super cute. I am not very good at re-making over furniture, but this makes me want to try!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.