Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Onesie Birthday Banner








For almost a year now i have been trying to figure out a way to preserve time. My baby is growing up way too fast and this weekend she will be 18 months. Today i was looking at someones blog that showed a birthday banner. Now i can't find the blog but it got me thinking. First i thought wow the colors in that banner are so pretty. Then i thought hey Jada has a shirt that looks like one of the flags. I went and got the box of newly outgrown clothing and found a few onesies that had pretty patterns. I then found a cardboard box in the recycleing and cut out a triangle. I then cut the onesies up the seam and traced and cut out the triangles. I did the same with some old pillow cases for the backs of the triangles. I have so many extra pillow cases I have a shelf dedicated to them! So then i sewed them together. THEN i had a problem......My pinking shears would barely open because they are from dinosaur times! So i went out and bought a new pair and boy what a difference. My new best friend! So then i cut around the triangles. Next and lastly was to attach the binding to the top and done!!! so pretty. I'm sure all you measuring kind of people would make perfect triangles and straight seams. Like i said many times before I'm not that king of girl lol
So now I'm wondering if i should stencil out the letters with paint or should i use felt or fabric?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.