Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tree Branch Matching Games

Remember This post? I was saying that you could make some matching games out of discs made from tree branches. Well here they are! I make 5 sets in total but only had 3 bags to package them.



To make these all you have to do is cut thin pieces of tree branch and do a little light sanding. Then add stickers (matching ones). I put a layer of mod podge over the stickers so little people couldn't peal them off.
I made each bag have a set of 4 discs as the little people I know have a short attention span. I think 4 is plenty for beginners. Another Christmas gift finished:)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love these!! What kind of wood is that? I saved some from a Christmas tree one year but it was really sappy. Do you dry it first? I think ours might still be in the garage...

Andrea said...

Hi Emily,
I have no idea what kind of wood it is because it was all scrap wood from the storm. I think somew of it was birch. I layed them on a towel in the laundry room and turned on the dehumidifier and kept turning them over every few hours. Took about 2 days to get them fully dried

Evelyn Saenz said...

What a great idea! I have been looking for fun ways to recycle old workbook pages. Gluing the pictures to tree branch slices would work great. Thanks for the Mod Podge tip.

Emily, Your Christmas Tree is a soft wood. Softwoods are probably too sappy for this project. You probably need to use a hardwood. Softwoods have needles. Hardwoods have leaves that come off in the fall.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.