Monday, November 29, 2010

Bathtub Painting

This past weekend I was sick with a bad chest cold and lost my voice. Hubby had some stuff to do away from the house so I was on my own to take care of Jada. I had no energy to do anything but Jada was itching to do some sort of activity. I decided to use an idea that a friend posted on her Facebook page. She has two children and giving them paint in the bathtub was her solution to keeping the mess contained. I figured I would give it a try.
Here are some pictures of our adventures

A boat load of paint

Just getting started. At first she just wanted to get one finger dirty with paint

Then she really started to get into her groove


Jada added some more tub toys to the fun


Oh so careful where she put the yellow

"Yucky!"




And her finished masterpiece



It turned out to be a great activity. Jada really stuck with it right to the end (20 minutes). Easy fun and a quick clean up. Just remove the art work and diaper and turn the shower on. watch the mess wash away!





I am linking up with Childhood 101
Come over to play at the Childhood 101 We Play link up
We Play

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry you were sick (I have it too right now - what a mess!).....I like thgat even though you weren't feeling great, you still had fun :-)......not sure I can muster up the strength to do anything!!! Good on you :-)

Alissa said...

NIce! crying baby in arms so can't finish thought! :)

joyce:waddleeahchaa;com said...

Visiting from Texas and we have had the same bad cold for going on two weeks! :( Maybe it is allergies but there was fever too. Kids in the tub, now that was a great idea! I have a 2 yr. old grandson who would love this! Thanks for sharing, :) joyce

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I can see this getting messy with my two 4 yr old boys but what a fun idea !

jenny said...

Now that is what I call a creative solution to the mess problem of toddlers and paint!

Jacqueline said...

You are brave. Looks like little one had tons of fun.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a great way to contain the paint! We may have to do this during the winter when we have to be inside.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

What a great way to paint!

Eva said...

oo this is fun, such easy clean up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.