Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thrift Store Finds

Today I went thrift store shopping and found some really great finds! I believe that every time you buy used you are helping save the environment. I took 2 large garbage bags of stuff to donate before I started my shopping. This particular thrift store is a bit strange with their pricing so it's really lucky if you find good deals. Just last week I got a kids Ikea stool for $1.99 but for a dollar store item they want full price. It's very strange.....

I recently saw these lacing blocks in a flyer for $25 I got them for $1.99 today at the thrift store!

I put them in the dishwasher and they came out good as new

I got the tins for $1.00 and my wallet was coming apart on the inside so I donated it to the daycare. It also has a zipper on the inside and a snap close on the outside. The clear container was from our blueberry desert


Funny how by coincidence they all snap in some way so I made a snapping, open and close activity. The last open and close activity I made was a huge success so I think the children will love this one. Jada especially enjoys things that snap and Velcro because of the sound they make.
Now these are really old school lacing cards. I LOVE them! They don't even looked used and they came in the original packaging. I paid $2.99 for them.
I also got myself:
a new wallet $2.99
I also got a old school metal measuring cup and a metal pitcher for pouring activities.
And a basket for .99





2 comments:

Debbie said...

Very nice finds! I love shopping at thrift stores/charity shops. Thanks for posting--I always enjoy seeing what other people find. I need to go again soon!

Deb Chitwood said...

Your activity baskets and trays are always wonderful! I featured your lacing basket and activity-tray posts at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/08/30/how-to-prepare-a-montessori-toddler-environment-at-home/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.