Thursday, December 16, 2010

Advent Day 16: Pop Bottle Christmas Trees


Recycled Pop bottle Christmas trees was our advent activity this morning.

to make these you will need a green pop bottle, green paint, water, sparkles, foam or cardboard star x2, pompoms, hot glue gun, scissors, pipe cleaners and any other decoration you want. I did things a bit backwards so I will tell you how I SHOULD have done it.
Step 1: Fill the bottle with water, add sparkles and some green paint. This will not only look pretty but keep the bottle in place when your child decorates it. This is where I went wrong and was very frustrating for Jada because the bottle was moving all over the place.
Step 2: hot glue the pipe cleaners on for garland
Step 3: hot glue the stars on both sides of the bottle cap

See she is trying to decorate the bottle only to have it slide away:( lesson learned the hard way.
Step 4: get your child to dip the pompoms in glue and stick to the bottle. I used white school glue and it didn't work very well at all. I ended up hot gluing them on after she was finished.

Step 5: Enjoy your Christmas tree. This would make a great gift if you filled it with homemade apple cider instead of water, paint and sparkles. Hmmmmm maybe an idea for next year???

P.S. I am still learning how to use my new camera and I'm having back light issues


Linking up with:

We Play


Photobucket



7 comments:

Itsy Bitsy Learners said...

I am loving this Christmas tree idea! Will have to do this next year!!

Thanks for sharing!

phasejumper said...

Great recycling craft!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a great idea! I love how you reused the bottle.

Marita said...

That does look like lots of fun. I really need to get a hot glue gun :)

Monkeying Around said...

I love this post its such a fab idea and i have been saving up our bottle tops too so we may have to give this a go. I would love it if you joined our blog hop on mondays here is this weeks http://monkeyingaround1.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-pudding.html

mermaid said...

This is a very lovely Christmas Tree!

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

Great way to upcycle a two liter. I will use this when I return to teaching... Love it.

If you have a moment, please link this up to Creative Juice Thursdays!

<3
nicolette

http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-5-features-and.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.