Thursday, December 9, 2010

Advent day 8: Christmas Tree Cones


Christmas tress made easy! I got this idea from my go to blog for seasonal ideas The Shafer Family.


I'm not overly happy with the icing color. I only had neon food coloring so I really had no choice. Next year I think I will make my own icing too. This icing was from a can and way too soft. But the children loved it! lots of licking of the fingers going on for this activity.

Jada's favorite part of this activity was sampling the smarties

linking up with:
We Play


7 comments:

Marita said...

A great fun activity and so simple. Last year we tried a very complicated version with melted white chocolate. I wont be doing that again.

Tracey M. said...

This looks like a fun and yummy Advent treat/craft idea! I like your bright green color. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from over at We Play, my first time linking up.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL I love this idea my boys would be in it .
I am thinking I'll drizzle choc and add smarties because I think only the smarties will get eaten.

suburp said...

cool :) i agree i think the neon green is the FUN part, lol
very nice idea x

Dacia said...

I love this idea! I'm blog hopping from Tots Tues.

maggy, red ted art said...

I LOVE the colour - nothing wrong with it and the trees look such fun and are so festive!! Very creative!


I would LOVE for you to join us at Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) - current link up http://www.redtedart.com/2010/12/15/kids-get-crafty-christmas-baubles/

Hope to see you there!

Maggy

Philippa said...

this looks like a lot of fun I saw something similar at halloween where the cones where made into witches hats but I like the trees better :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.