Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dresser Refashion

Remember THIS post? From back in August? The dresser I bought off Kijiji that needed to be refinished badly! I think I paid $40 for it


Before

Hubby spraying it with primer


And just this week I finally painted the final coat with oil based white.



I think it looks so much better! the old sliders need to be fixed still but at least I got it painted. I have become a procrastinator over the past year. I really need to snap out of this lazy funk I have been in.


I love how it turned out! I have a thing for refinished furniture. I think it's so much better than store bought stuff. I bought myself a beautiful expensive bedroom set 4 years ago and guess what? the finish is all scratched up and I can't sand it because it's........gasp** chip wood! gawwww. So now you can see why I think the old stuff is way better. It stands up to so much abuse and is still so beautiful




1 comment:

Eva said...

I agree I like the old stuff better :) we have some old wooden dressers I picked up at a garage sale but I have yet to paint them, love the way yours turned out :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.