Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last Minute Gift: Mitten Clips




I'm a teacher and a mother so I see a lot of missing mittens. Or more like I spend a lot of time looking for lost mittens. Last year I went on a search for mitten clips and there were none to be found in our area. So I decided to make my own. I ordered the clips off of EBay in bulk and bought the ribbon at Michael's. So easy to make all you do is cut your ribbon and seal the ends by taking a lighter to the ends very quickly to melt the wax that acts as a seal. This is so you don't get any runs in your ribbon. Then feed your ribbon through the clips and sew the under side. To make 1 set it should only take a maximum of 5 minutes. So there you go an easy, quick and inexpensive gift. I think they ended up costing around $2.50 each to make. Awesome stalking stuffer or small gift idea. I gave each child a pair along with a book.





On another note this is my last post for a while. Tomorrow is our Christmas party and we have such a hectic schedule over the holidays, any spare time I have I hope to get some home improvements finished. You know like my baseboards that haven't been painted in the 4 years that we have been living here ! Not to mention January teaching plans need to get started. I will still be around just won't be posting. When I get back from my break (hopefully by the end of next week) I will post pictures of Jada playing with the homemade goodies she got for Christmas:)
Happy Holidays to you all and I hope you all get to spend some time with the ones you love



2 comments:

Itsy Bitsy Learners said...

Having be a preschool teacher in the UK I get the woes of missing mittens!! What a neat gift idea :)

ενα said...

those mittens clips are brilliant :) thanks for sharing

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.