Thursday, January 27, 2011

February Sensory Bin and Play Dough

Valentines Day Sensory Bin

I added red and white kidney beans, pipe cleaner hearts, foam hearts, heart gems, pink rose petals, red pompoms, scoop and small pink tin lunch box to our valentine sensory bin.
Jada loves this bin so much she eats the beans! it's a common problem right now. I know taste is sensory but come on dried beans???

We are talking all about love and friendship for the month of February. We have a lot of exciting things planned!

This months play dough was inspired by hot cinnamon hearts. I recycled our January play dough because it only got used once or twice. I added the food coloring and it gave it a marbleized look. I love how it turned out! Again Jada eats it...




You can see the pretty sparkles a bit better now that the dough is red
Thanks for looking
Linking up with:

6 comments:

Deb Chitwood said...

I love the idea of using red and white kidney beans in your February sensory bin! Thanks for all the great activities you share! I think your blog is fabulous and gave you an award at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/01/27/your-blog-is-fabulous-award-to-happily-pass-on/

Emily said...

Thanks! I finally did a dinosaur bin using rice and my 2 year old LOVES it! He and his little friend played in it for 30 minutes today while his mommy and I crafted! It was awesome! Thanks for the great ideas, I will be doing a Valentine's Day one, too!! :)

Emily

Emily said...

Andrea-
Just finished my sensory bin post. Check it out! It's much more simple than yours, but I have lots of ideas for the future, thanks to you!!

http://morefromthemoorefamily.blogspot.com/2011/02/first-sensory-bin.html

Emily

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love everything you put in your bin! It looks great!

I would love for you to link to my Virtual Valetine's Day Party and share this great idea.

http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2011/02/welcome-virtual-valentines-day-party.html

Ludicrous Mama said...

What fun! My daughter would eat it all too! When I was making play-dough for her preschool, she ate as we went. *sigh* Luckily it still turned out okay!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Thank you so much for linking to the Virtual Valentine’s Day Party on my blog. Please take a moment between now and the end of the party Monday night to visit a few of the other party guests. I would love to everyone who linked up to have other guests stop by for a visit.

Remember if you visit two guests and leave me a comment that you did you could win a $15 Visa Gift Card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.