Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January Activity Trays

This months activities are going to be so much fun! We are talking about all things Winter and bears.

Stamping snowflakes and snowmen. I'm sure this will get messy!

The rag alphabet that I made. You can read about it Here






Open and Close Basket
The little snowman with the blue scarf has an added feature. On the back there is a little leaver that swings the bell. The children are so excited every month when I bring out a new open/close basket. some will sit for a long time exploring the different objects


Stamping bears


Buttoning bears

I am so in love with the button snake idea. I have seen it on so many blogs now, (way too many to post) I knew I just had to try it. For this months theme I decided to use bears for our snake I got this idea from Here Her Bears are so much cuter than mine. I love that she added the little overalls for the bears to wear!

These bears are made out of craft foam sheets that I got at the dollar store. I just used my cookie cutter to stamp them by pressing down firmly them I cut them out. So much faster than trying to trace the bears onto felt. I am also hoping that by using the foam that the bears may survive more than one day with these rough toddlers. When I used felt for the button turkey and snowman the children would get frustrated and pull the felt so hard that it lost it's shape.



Squirting colored water from one bear to the other . Thanks mom for saving your honey bear containers for us:)

Pouring Snowflakes


I just love these bottle cap letter matching cards. Each card is double sided with another child's picture and name to match. I got the idea from Counting Coconuts

I have seen this idea all over the Internet lately. It seems bottle caps are the new craze lol

I love This idea from baby piranha





This is just transferring the tiny stickers to the cards. Jada and her younger friends have a hard time doing this on their own so I thought we better practice.




Gingerbread Man Math matching

Snowball scooping

Scissor tong snowballs into a fast food drink tray



I got this printable from Making Learning Fun. You print off the Brown bear literacy cards and follow the directions to make a matching flip book



Musings of Me also has some great printables on winter activities and bears! So colorful and inviting! I will have to make a few when I get a chance. These past few weeks have been crazy busy.
One more activity I was going to do was the bath cling water drop but I can't find them anywhere. It was perfect too because it looked just like a snowflake. Oh well maybe I will find it for next month??

linking up with:
We Play


10 comments:

Beth @ Sand To Pearl said...

Stamps! You are very brave! I love the teddy bear buttons, I'm totally going to try that with my little guy.

Jessie said...

I really love your activity trays! I'm going to make it a point to do activity trays in 2011! Such cute ideas :)

Andrea said...

Beth, I have 6 kids and two stampers so yeah I am crazy! The mess I can deal with:)

Jessie, You should take some pics of your trays when we get them ready. I would love to see what you come up with!:):)

Michelle said...

Thanks for linking to me, Andrea - your trays looks WONDERFUL!!! :-)

Cate said...

Oh my gosh - you have so many great ideas!!! I love your blog :-)
xxxCate

TheRockerMom said...

Robbie loved these kinds of activities when he was a toddler. You have created some wonderful activity trays. They look like fun!!

Tat said...

it's summer here, but often it's just too hot to go outside. I'll be using some of your winter ideas very soon.

Julie said...

Wow, so many fabulous ideas - especially like the focus on sensory and fine motor skills. I will be trying some of these with my little ones (though it is summer here too, so will adapt for the season!)

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

You have been busy! Some great ideas, I love your bears *mentally adding that to my to make list* :)

Sierra @ H is for Homeschooling said...

I cannot believe I just discovered your blog! I love it! We do sensory tubs and activity trays too. I am your newest follower and hope you will follow me too :)

Also, I have a tray-themed linky party and would love for you to come share this post.

http://his4homeschooling.blogspot.com/2012/01/whats-on-tray-wednesday-2.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.