Monday, January 17, 2011

Love Notes And A Valentine Holder



Just wanted to update with another envelope that I made for our love notes





Last Friday I was searching Etsy when I found some adorable envelopes made from felt. I put my own creative spin on them and here is how they turned out:

I hand embroidered all the children's names.



A close up
I haven't done any embroidery work in probably 8 to 10 years so I'm a bit out of practice.




I added some sticky Velcro dots to the back because the children love to open and close things. I thought this could be a little wallet when Valentines is over.



This year I am hosting a challenge with my day care friends. Each family is to come up with a creative homemade valentine mail holder. I am trying to get the children into homemade holidays instead of generic boxed gifts that are so easy to find that I'm not sure the children really get what each holiday is all about. For example you go to the store you buy the boxed valentine cards, fill out the backs and done. Your child hands them out? Where is the thought in that? This is only my opinion and I am in no way judging others who do this as I am just as guilty. It's just that this year I want the children to be more involved and make it a family activity. So..... The rules are:

1. no bigger than a cracker box


2. Must be homemade but doesn't matter who makes it

3. Must be able to hang it


4. Must be kid friendly




If anyone wants to participate please send me the link to your mail boxes/holders


Should be lots of fun to see what everyone comes up with. This is the back of my creation. Again I got this idea from Etsy but put my own spin on it.
This is the side that will be displayed so the children will know where to put the mail




And the front



Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with:




1 comment:

Beth @ Sand To Pearl said...

These envelopes are adorable. V-Day is my favorite holiday! Hooray for handmade.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.