Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Love Tree



I know it's early to decorate for Valentines Day but the place felt empty without the Christmas tree. We had this tree last year but we spruced it up a bit. Did you notice the striped cover on the vase? Remember This post? I used the sleves of that knitted sweater to cover the vase. I got the idea to cover the vase from Here. I filled the vase with sand and fit my branches into the sand. I cut some felt hearts and glued a string for hanging onto the backs. I did the same for some foam hearts we had left over from last year. I also made some red and white pom poms. This tree will be a permanent fixture to our classroom as there are so many things you can do with it in each season. we will be adding to our tree as Valentines gets closer so I will update soon.

1 comment:

My HomeMade Montessori Manipulatives said...

I have to do this for Easter. 2 cute. Another perfect idea. Thanks for the inspiration. Lisa:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.