Monday, February 28, 2011

March Sensory Bin(s) and Play Dough






Yes you read the correctly Sensory BinS
This month I have decided to split the month into 2 separate themes. St.Patrick's day and rainbows. The reason I picked rainbows as a second theme is because leprecons are always trying to find gold at the end of the rainbow.

see that nice wooden scoop? yeah well it's a goner! Our Puppy, Cooper decided it would make a great snack:(


Nothing fancy inside just some noodles I dyed with food coloring and a few scoops and a green liquid laundry cap. To tell you the truth this was a trial run for my Easter sensory bin but the colors turned out way too bright for what I wanted. So as to not waste the noodles I decided to use it in a rainbow theme.


And this is the other sensory bin for St.Patrick's day.

There is green split peas, shamrock foam shapes, pipe cleaner pieces, Green gems, ribbon, and rocks painted gold. The whole point of the sensory bin is to sift for the gold. I have a slotted spoon to give the children to sift with. In total there are 10 pieces of gold in this bin.
St.Patrick's day in all honesty isn't a big deal with the kiddos but it's still fun to decorate with the green and gold colors. This bin is about half the size of our regular bin and has a lot of green stuff in it.




And our Rainbow themed play dough


I just realized that I forgot to make a red one. Oh well still fun colors:)
Linking up with:

We Play




7 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks great! I LOVE the picture of Jada kissing the horse :-)

Andrea said...

Thanks Michelle. I love that Picture too:)

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

The rainbow pasta looks so inviting.

Narelle said...

Love all the bright colours of that pasta. Which reminds me, I need to colour some more for the kids!

Olives and Pickles said...

I just posted my rainbow sensory bin in the worldwide classroom and saw your rainbow sensory bin..it looks cool..I love colorful stuff too...and your Patricks bin seems fun as well.

www.olivesandpickles.blogspot.com

Patty

emily @morefromthemoorefamily said...

Love it! I copied the split peas! http://morefromthemoorefamily.blogspot.com/2011/03/st-patricks-day-sensory-bin.html

Thanks for another month of planning for me. ;)

Emily

emily @morefromthemoorefamily said...

Thanks for another great "lesson plan"! I love the split peas! http://morefromthemoorefamily.blogspot.com/2011/03/st-patricks-day-sensory-bin.html

Have a great day!
Emily

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.