Friday, January 21, 2011

Valentine Puzzle Pendants


Last week I bought a big bag of puzzle pieces at the thrift store. When I saw them sitting on the shelf in the store I knew right away what I wanted to make with them. Many years ago I made Christmas wreathes with my daycare group out of puzzle pieces. So I originally was going to save the bag of puzzle pieces for next Christmas when it dawned on me why not make heart pendants???



That is Exactly what we did. I glued the pieces together in the shape of a heart with a hot glue gun. The children painted and sprinkled on some gold sparkles. Then we painted on some mod podge to seal the paint. Once it was all dry I hot glued on a broach pin.

Jada thought the pin was pretty cool but decided She didn't want to wear it after 5 minutes. so we ended up tying on a piece of twine to our pin and hanging them on our new classroom tree.




Our Hearts drying





A close up



Our tree with the pendants hanging







Jada's favorite one




This was so much fun I think we will be revisiting this craft again next year!

Linking up with:
We Play



Photobucket

5 comments:

Jessie said...

How cute! I can't wait till we're not snowed in anymore because I want to get to our local goodwill store for some sweet loot!

Jenny said...

Great ideas!!
I will certainly be back to read more..looking forward to trying some new crafts with my little ones!!

Caz said...

So creative, they look great hanging on the tree.

Martianne said...

I remember making puzzle peiece pins with the kids at a kindergarten I worked at years ago. great use for missing piece puzzles! They just colored, painted or glittered up a apiece and we hot glued pins to the back. friends did it with pieces that matched together.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

They look fantastic, what a great idea :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.