Friday, March 25, 2011

End Of March First Of April Sensory Bin

Well it turns out Jada Raine can't be trusted with her water cups. She has dumped them in the last 3 bins! and the results were a goopy mess that got trashed. So onwards and upwards right? Soon we will be hearing the peepers in the lake across the street so I thought what a better way to welcome spring than with a frog themed sensory bin. Easter is just so FAR away this year that I didn't want to introduce the Easter bin just yet. Although it is ready to go and already photographed and saved as a draft I'm just not ready to dive right into Easter. Like I said it just feels sooooo far away. On another note Jada's daddy is coming home for 24 hours this weekend!!!! he arrives at 3 a.m. tomorrow. I can't wait to see her little face when she creeps into my room to wake me up. God love her she will be one happy girl!!!! Anyway back on topic! inside the bin: Blue colored rice, some of our tree blocks, pine cones, my homemade Lilly pads made from felt and of course frogs:) can you believe I had to order the frogs from eBay because I couldn't find any in my own city! crazy right? Have a great weekend!!!! Linking up with:
We Play


Photobucket

13 comments:

Jessie said...

I LOVE this bin! Its adorable. I juuust may have to copy it! :) Crazy that you couldn't find any frogs...hope I have better luck.

Andrea said...

Thanks:) I saw some stretchy frogs at the dollar store but they were for kids ages 3 and up:( oh well our ebay frogs are working out great.

Jill said...

What an awesome sensory bin!

Michelle said...

What fun!! Love all the new ideas! I hope to see you link it up this week on Made by Little Hands Monday!
Have a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Cecilia said...

Very interesting sensory bin ideas!!! I might use it to occupy my son for a while :-)))) Thanks for sharing!!

MamaJ said...

That's a great idea! :) I especially loved the lily pads! :)

RedTedArt said...

Oh how fun - love the frogs and logs. Bet this is a great sensory bin to play with!

Thank you for linking up to Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Michelle said...

This post has been featured in this week's High paw! :) We decided to go with a theme Spring fun for toddlers theme and this fits perfectly!

Thanks for participating and hope to see you again!

jfb57 said...

Hello! I found you via Red Ted Art who thought you might like to pop & see this. http://bit.ly/dLwwDC I'm hoping to share your ideas with teachers in schools!

jfb57 said...

Thank you so much for linking with the Resource Centre. See you next week!

jess_hak said...

Great bin! And yeah on daddy getting to be home for a little bit. :) Enjoy!!

Ludicrous Mama said...

Dollar Tree sells baggies of frogs, and Fred Meyer has a tube (plus tubes of other plastic animals: sea life, horses, safari, etc) for $1 each, for anyone with either store nearby!

Deb Chitwood said...

Great sensory bin to go with a pond theme! I featured your post and photo at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/07/14/montessori-inspired-pond-unit/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.