Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rainbow Marble Painting


Marble painting is an old favorite. To do this activity you will need marbles (big and small), paint, tape, and a box or container with a lid.


Tape paper to the bottom of box add paint and marbles and put the lid on the box.


Give the box to your child and ask them to shake, sway etc the box to make the marbles slide all around

Jada loved this! I already have a marble painting spin off planed for this summer




And voila! pretty art to decorate your walls with


I know people who have framed their child's marble paintings and hung them in their family rooms. This is a great activity for children who don't like getting messy because the paint never touches them.

Linking up with:

We Play

8 comments:

Jessie said...

I've been wanting to do marble painting for some time now. Seeing how pretty Jada's turned out makes me want to do them like...today! haha. Better go get some marbles :)

Rachel Harwood said...

So fun! I love your ideas!

Please stop by my site. I'd love to have you link up at my For the Kids Fridays link party.
http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

:)rachel

Mama Pea Pod said...

So much fun! We have done almost the same in the past, but a little differently. We used golf balls instead of marbles, which leave bumpy imprints. Also, instead of a whole box, we just used a lid and rolled the balls around inside the lid. We did some with primary colours on white paper and some with sparkly silver paint on black paper. The results are lovely and make great presents for relatives. And, like you said in your post, we have ours framed and hung in the front hall :-)

Last Minute Mel said...

My two year old would love this! Thanks for the great idea!

RedTedArt said...

We are going to give this a go at Playgroup tomorrow!!

Thanksfor linking up! Much appreciated!

Maggy

Krissy @ B.Inspired said...

I've seen this before and still can't believe we haven't tried it yet. It looks so fun! And the results are really cool, too! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Rashi said...

Andrea,

I am excited to try this with my kids!

Check out my recent post @ http://blog.memetales.com/2011/03/paper-necklace-kids-craft/

Leslie said...

I can't wait to try this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.