Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Cookie Cutter Painting


Jada was itching to get messy this afternoon and I was out of ideas so when a cookie cutter caught my eye I thought PERFECT!




This kid could seriously sit and get creative for hours as long as it's messy HA-Ha I used a container our salad came in for a paint holder. We have those little paint cups but as you can imagine cookie cutters just won't fit.






Our creations drying on the change table. If I can gather some energy together I might attempt to dye some eggs with the kiddos tomorrow:)

The past two days we have been reading lots of Easter books but this one was our favorite. Actually the whole If you give a.... series. Anyway we enjoy helping mouse find different colored eggs hidden around his house. It really is a great book to tie into all those great Easter activities! Especially Easter egg activities. So as I said I will give it my best effort to make some with the children tomorrow:) Stay tuned.........





P.S. All the great link up parties I link up to are on my sidebar. Please check them out, you will find some great activities and ideas

9 comments:

{TiffanyMae} said...

I just discovered your blog & I loveeee it! I am so excited to find new activities for my girls- thank you!

www.mamassimpleblessings.blogspot.com

katepickle said...

There are so many great kitchen objects that you can print with! This is a fabulous idea!

Anna @ The Imagination Tree said...

Lovely! I agree about cookie cutters- one of our most favourite things to use and SO easy for children to manage by themselves- that's the beauty of them! Thanks for linking up to It's Playtime!

RedTedArt said...

Very cute, I love crafts like this -as everyone can have a go and it is very encouraging. Result are lovely too :-)

Thank you for stopping by at Kids Get Crafty!!!

Maggy

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The artwork is wonderful! I love how you reused a salad container.

Thanks for linking to Read.Explore.Learn.

Happy Easter!

Anne@LittleSproutBooks said...

Smart use of the salad bin for a paint plate - I should have let my little guy paint with the easter cutters cause I didn't get any cookies made this year! :( I host a weekly book link-up as well,Feed Me Books Friday, hope you'll stop by and share!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

What fun is it to be creative without getting messy? :) Thanks for the ideas - we really gotta get out the cookie cutters!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

Great idea for painting with kids who like to lick their brushes...{my sons}

Thanks for sharing at Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week.

Michelle said...

Fun as always! :) Another simple and cheap way to have fun around the house. Thanks for linking to High paw!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.