Friday, April 8, 2011

Mid April Sensory Bin


I wasn't going to post this until later in the month but I caved and started doing some Easter activities and crafts a bit early. The kids are loving this bin:) If you click on the picture it will make it bigger but you probably already knew that Ha-Ha Inside: Colored rice, Easter foam shapes, wooden egg that opens, basket, scoops eggs and a chirping chick. Keeping it simple with this bin. Lately I have noticed that the children do much better with less in the bin than they do with the more busy looking bins. I think they were overwhelmed with too many things in the bin they didn't know where to start. Hurry up summer so we can have sensory exploration outside and Jada can add all kinds of interesting things:)

10 comments:

phasejumper said...

When I saw the thumbnail pic, I thought you had filled your bin with Lucky Charms cereal, ha ha!!

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

I love the idea of having a sensory bin filled with themed items! Cute stuff.

emily @morefromthemoorefamily said...

I love it! I really want to make colored rice... do you have any tips? My little guy plays in what he calls his "dinoaur rice" everyday!

Andrea said...

Hi emily
i mix a bit of water woth my food coloring to make it go furthur. I mix with a spoon and add more food coloring as needed. When i get all my rice covered i spred it out on a old towel until dry. I have seen people do it many different ways but this works best for me. Let me know how you make out

Julie said...

Love it...really cute scoops too! Do you remember where you got those?

We have an Easter/Spring sensory box too...would love for you to stop by!
http://forfreeyatake.blogspot.com/2011/03/spring-sensory-bin.html

Julie

Andrea said...

Hi Julie,
I got my scoops off of ebay but they are also on etsy as well. You can sometimes get them with epsom salts at the drug store:)
~Andrea

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is so cute! Did you read a book to go a long with it?

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

Oh my gosh... I LOVE the scoops with the baskets and eggs! Great idea!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at my For the Kids Friday Link Party! I appreciate you stopping by. I will be posting this week's link party shortly. I'd love to see what you have to share this week!

Hope to see you soon!
:)rachel @ http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

The coloured rice is perfect with the Waster inspired bits and bobs. I love the little scoops too.

jfb57 said...

So much for the children to explore! I think every class should have at least one sensory bin. Thank you so much for linking to the RC. Hope to see you back soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.