Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Laundry

Yesterday was such a beautiful day I hung out some laundry on the line to dry. Jada was trailing behind asking "Me help mommy?" So it dawned on me maybe we should make this an activity

I removed the furniture from one side of our play room and set up a simple twine clothes line. I had some mini clothespins and a few pieces of baby baby clothes. Great activity but clothespins are very difficult for little hands to maneuver. We broke a few pins in the process of learning to use them correctly.

They had a mini clothes basket for storing the dried laundry. They were also encouraged to help fold the laundry. It's raining here in N.S. so when the sun reappears we will set this activity up outside with some bigger clothespins.

And later this morning Jada worked on her Easter lacing activity. Not before removing her pony tails SIGH.....

7 comments:

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

Great idea, my little girl would FLIP for this! Where did you get the mini clothes pins?

Andrea said...

Hi Oatmeal kisses,
We got the mini clothespins at the dollar store and to be honest they were a pain. I strongly reccomend the adult size ones. Off to see if I can find your blog:)
~Andrea

phasejumper said...

Cute idea-great for hand-eye coordination and keeping them busy on a rainy day!

Heather J. said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Beth @ Sand To Pearl said...

The clothes line has got to be one of the cutest things ever!

Jenny said...

That's really, really cute. My daughter would love to "wash and dry" her baby clothes.

Hannah Sommerville said...

I love your blog! You have such great ideas and have just gained a new follower :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.