Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Inside Sensory Bin

Welcome to the butterfly Garden


Super simple items this time around
Hawaiian Leigh taken apart and some dollar store butterflies. We will add a magnifying glass to get a closer look at the wings

Counting Butterflies





Getting a closer look

She was saying "Blue" in this picture





A different angle of the bin

I based my sensory bin around butterflies as we have been a bit obsessed with the book THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR:



This book is about how a Caterpillar who eats and eats and builds a cocoon and turns into a butterfly. Jada loves the repetitive verses of the book.

Thanks for looking:)




Oh and please check out the great blogs I link up to on my side bar:)


6 comments:

Stephanie said...

cute and simple to make!

RedTedArt said...

Oh what a pretty looking sensory bin! What fun to rummage around that!

Would love for you to join me on Kids Get Crafty - with and for kids every Wednesday - Monday. Currently linky http://www.redtedart.com/2011/04/27/kids-get-crafty-sand-art-crafts/

Hope to see you there!

Maggy

RedTedArt said...

(thank you :-)

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

This is so cute! I love the picture of Jada saying blue. So cute! Where did you buy all of the butterflies?

Andrea said...

MOK, We got them at the dollar store. I think we bought 4 bunches of 6?? they are pretty delicate but very pretty:)

Justine said...

Oh my goodness! This is a fantastic idea! And you posted it at just the right time! : )I will be doing a butterfly unit next week with my guy! I think I'm going to scope out the dollar store tomorrow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.