Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pink Flamingo Sensory Bin

\



Our pink flamingo sensory bin is very hard to photograph. So bare with me as I post different angles of the bin. What's inside: rice, pink dyed barley, blue rice for water, plastic flamingo toothpicks, plastic palm trees and plastic flamingos that are from a lego set.








I cut the stick part off of the toothpicks and added some to the "water" so they could swim and some to the pink and white rice mixture.






A closeup of the different flamingos in our bin.














This sensory bin was inspired by the Book Maybe we are Flamingos by: Safari Sue Thuzman





"Flora and Fernando are the wrong color for flamingos. They wonder what they could be until they discover becoming pink can take a year, and staying pink is due to their diet. At last relieved, they draw funny pictures of how they might look if they ate broccoli or blueberries." Quoted from Here



Adorable book a must read!




Updated pic of what the bin looked like after an hour of play:)


Thanks for looking and please see my sidebar for all the great blogs I link up to:)




10 comments:

Beth @ Sand To Pearl said...

My daughter would flip over this! Pink pink, and even more pink! Plus, it's SO cute!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love you bin. The flamingos are so cute. I hope you will link to Read.Explor.Learn. this Friday.

I promise to try beet painting.

Mama Pea Pod said...

These pictures would do great in an I-Spy book!

Princess Pea's favourite animals at the zoo are the flamingos (no doubt because they're pink!). She'd flip over this bin!

Christy said...

My daughter loves flamingos too - I'll have to check out this book! LOVE the sensory bin!

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

This looks like a fun sensory bin. :-)

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! This is so stinking cute!!!! I LOVE it!

Little Wonders' Days said...

This sounds like such a cute book. I love your sensory bin too. Aren't some things just hard to photograph! Although, I think they turned out great.

The Princess and the Tot said...

Such a fun Sensory Bin!

Heather @ Local Fun for Kids said...

What a great summer themed sensory bin! Please come and link up with Fun for Kids Friday @ www.localfunforkids.com

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Thank you for linking up! I love this activity. Did I already tell you that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.