Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ball Splat Painting ~Outside Play

I got the idea for ball painting Here at Mumma Made It. I am so glad I found her blog because she has lots of fresh art ideas to share:)



You will need containers of water mixed with food coloring, paper, and tennis balls.





Jada Raine A.K.A Jada Roo not so sure about bouncing the ball. She at first was dabbing the paper with the balls.




It didn't take her long to get into the spirit of getting messy. Her favorite thing in the whole world is getting messy! She really got the hang of throwing the ball




Ball mid flight


So pretty. Too bad it stuck to the pavement:( it was a blast and I think we will be sporting food coloring hands for the rest of the week.


This week we are talking about art and how it has had an impact on our world. I picked this book Georgia as she is a famous artist who has used many different types of medium before she settled on one type. We love this book! It is just the perfect way to explain the creative process to young children without getting all technical about it. I strongly recommend this book for any age.




Please see my sidebar for all the great blogs I link up to:)





<-------


11 comments:

Kate @ An Amazing Child said...

This was on our list of things to do but summer seemed to have slipped away from us :( It looks like such fun.

Looking forward to seeing you again on Friday for our Outdoor Play link-up with Mama PeaPod :)

RedTedArt said...

Wow! This is looks fabulous and looks even more fun! What a brilliant idea! Love love love!

Thank you for linking to Kids Get Crafty. You are Brilliant!

Maggy

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

What fun! Visiting via Red Ted Art and love the out of the box way to paint! :)

I'd love to invite you to post to my Kidsr Craft Linky as well - it goes live on Sat 8pm thru Monday night!

Ideas like this should be shared! So wonderful!

Bernadette
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness what fun! We will definitely be doing this with our Art Group this summer, the kids would love it. I am going to check out the blog you mentioned for some more ideas too.

Thank you for linking up to stART!!

~Michelle @ A Mommmy's Adventures

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That really does look like messy fun!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Looks messy but fun. I'm sure my kids would love it. That's the second time I've seen the O'Keefe book mentioned. I really need to see if our library has it.

Hannah Sommerville said...

I love this idea. We'll have to do it one day. Thanks for sharing :)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a great summer activity! I would love for you to link it to Read.Explore.Learn.

jenny @ let the children play said...

Oh this is just fabulous! I'm loving all the splat painting ideas doing the rounds of the blogosphere.

Kelli- AdventurezInChild'Rearing said...

oh my boys love to throw things & all the better if it makes a mess! new follower from Mama pea pod - Outdoor Play link-up!

Art For Little Hands said...

This is so fun. We never take art outside. I keep seeing things about people doing it and I say, I am going to do that and then I don't. What a fun activity. Thanks for sharing at Child Centered art party.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.