Monday, June 6, 2011

Diaper Dust ~Science Experiment Pampers VS Huggies

So here in Canada there is always a discussion among parents over which brand of diapers is better. so we put it to the test. all diapers consist of two major ingredients: powder and cotton.




To test the diapers we ripped open a diaper and took out the cotton mixed with the powder and put it in a plastic bin.




We then shook the cotton gently to release the powder and discarded the cotton




You will be left with powder in your bin. I then gave each child a pitcher full of water to dump on the powder.




This was after one pitcher full. We went on to add two more pitchers full of water to the powder.





You end up with a soft jelly mush. So fun to squish between your fingers! we actually just did this experiment for fun as I have done this at my old job. However, we discovered a lot about the two brands of diapers along the way....



So who won Pampers or Huggies? Well Huggies had more powder so Huggies is the winner for absorbency. Obviously the more powder added to the cotton in diapers will absorb more pee. So in our scientific opinion Huggies is the best diaper for absorbing more. As a mom to a heavy wetter I can assure you Huggies is the way to go! Jada has had some major night time wetting that I ask myself how on earth it didn't bust open but it hasn't not once.

Thanks for looking And Please See My Sidebar for the Great Blogs I link up to:)










11 comments:

Jessie said...

Whoa! Thats too cool! I want to do that too now haha. We have always used Huggies too. Pampers just never seemed to do the job.

Beth @ Sand To Pearl said...

Fun experiment. Though, I'm not a big fan of huggies, my little guy always leaks out of them at night (that's when we do disposables, at least for now).

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Thank you for the link. I love the robot.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Thank you for the link. I love the robot.

child central station said...

We love to make this goo too! However, instead of shaking the powder out and adding water, I let the children pour the water on the diaper until the diaper explode. They love to get them to absorb that much! The goo is a crowd favorite here.

Kristi @ Creative Connections for Kids said...

I was just given about 20 diapers that have been left in a car became slightly damp and are unusable. I am pleased to find this idea so that we can really use them. Thanks!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

We do Pampers during the day - they just seem more comfortable to me - but at night, we do Huggies so no leaks :) Cool experiment! I bet the kids loved that gel stuff - we've actually experienced the gel in a wet diaper :S

heather @ localfunforkids said...

I always love Huggies too. : )

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

We've made fake snow witht the diaper polymer, but it never occured to me to compare diaper brands - that's great!

D+B said...

Love your blog! its so cute!! I am your newest follower!! Here is my blog also if you would like to follow me back. I am new to this, but I am excited to share my ideas on the love of food.. Also I will be giving away free stuff like my mineral make-up line. so take a look.. And watch out for it. :)
-Brooke
For-The-Luv-Of.blogspot.com

Ticia said...

We've done this as a fake snow, but never thought to use it to compare brands.

We were always pampers, because using huggies I had too many leaks. I've heard it's in the shape of the kid....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.