Friday, June 17, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons~ Activity Tray and Sweet Treat

When life gives you lemons make lemonade!


Today was pretty warm and lemons were on sale so what a better day to make a refreshing drink




I set up our activity tray outside which was something new for us as most of our "cooking" activities are inside.






We cut 2 lemons in half and each child got to have a turn squeezing out the juice






This looks easy enough but it was a bit difficult for the younger children.



Then we added 1 cup of splenda and lots of water and ice.
Stir well and enjoy!




I don't really like lemonade but this recipe changed my mind. It was so sweet I had 2 glasses!







My crazy girl after she finished her first glass. Jada doesn't like juice so I was shocked when she drank the first glass full.



All the kids saying "Cheers!"



Oh and how cool is that picnic table? It folds up into a brief case. I bought it last night at a thrift store for $19 Score!






Thanks for looking and please see my sidebar for all the great blogs I link up to:)




4 comments:

Our Side of the Mountain said...

My kids would like to make lemonade and now I have a recipe! LOL Fresh lemonade is SO much better than the Kool-aid types! And those piggy tails are adorable! LOL Stopping in from Science Sunday!

Jessy

Ticia said...

That's a yummy science lesson

Kelli- AdventurezInChild'Rearing said...

really like the bright colors! happy summer colors-

Mercedes said...

What a simple and great idea. I am already thirsty for lemonade looking at your pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.