Monday, August 29, 2011

Harvest Time Down On The Farm Sensory Bin ~September







Inside:
Plastic animals, tractor, apples, wood pellets to represent a hay floor, farm animals, baskets for apples, leaves, wood scoop and little farmer people. As a side note wood pellets make for great cat litter. Sadly our car passed away but when he was still with us we switched from that sand/clay litter because of the dust and tracking problems to the 100% natural wood pellets and all of our problems were solved! just wanted to put that out there as I personally have converted a few cat owners to wood pellets. And it is really cheap! Anywhoooooo back on topic (*ha-ha)


Farm life means a lot to me as I grew up between two farms. Picture my house and a farm on each side. My mom still lives there and we visit the cows and sheep each time we visit her. Farming in today's market is becoming increasingly difficult so we try to buy local products as much as we possibly can. This includes trips to my moms for apple picking, pumpkin picking, strawberry picking and more. This time of year is wonderful for children in farm country, with so many festivals and events. By attending these events we are thanking our local farmers for feeding our country:-)
Do you visit farms in your area? It is an incredible experience for young children that they will thank you for:)



Please see my sidebar for all the great blogs I link up to:)


4 comments:

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

So fun! I can't wait to do my own harvest theme! You have the best sensory boxes, this one turned out so well!

Marnie @ Carrots are Orange said...

I love this tub. The mama pig and her piglets are adorable!!

AP Mommy said...

How fun! We're going to do a fall sensory box too - going to use hay from the craft store. :) Great tip on the cat box - our kitties passed away recently too but I passed the tip onto a friend of mine.

Deb Chitwood said...

I hope your family is doing well! I featured your post and photo in my 40+ Farm Sensory Tubs post at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2013/06/17/montessori-monday-40-plus-farm-sensory-tubs/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.