Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Apple Harvest And Apple Pie Making



This year I have decided to make apple pie with the children. Mind you I have two babies in my care right now so this is going to be simple apple pie:)

Also keep in mind I have never made a apple pie before in my life!

First we took Jada apple picking at our favorite local apple orchard. We went 2 weeks earlier this year so we didn't get our favorite apples but we still had fun and came home with a large bag full.


See I do my child's hair once in a while ha-ha!




I had to crop this picture to hide my baby bump. I am in that awkward stage of just looking very fat!

Jada sampling an apple



In the corn maze




Reading the children's map of the corn maze


Now onto the apple pie baking................................................................

First we cut and washed our apples



Then stirred the flour, apples, sugar and cinnamon together





Remember I said this had to be simple? well I bought 2 pie crusts from the grocery store. So everything in the bowl went into the shell. We topped it off with some butter then put the top crust on and slit some holes in it for vents.


We baked it for 40 minutes at 350F


It's not the best looking pie but it is so tasty and as promised it was simple:)





YUMMMY!!!!




Please see my sidebar for all the great blogs I link up to:)


















2 comments:

Little Wonders' Days said...

Oh, this pie looks wonderful. It's so nice when they can help and feel good about it. I'm sure you're baby bump is cuter than you think, but I remember what you mean. Congrats!

Kim from the Educators' Spin On It said...

I wish we were lucky enough to live where we could go and pick our own apples! Such fun. I just posted on my blog about our cooking lesson for making apple pies with my cooking group. Hope you can use some of the ideas to follow up with literacy with your little one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.