Friday, October 21, 2011

Puzzle Pumpkins

Remember when I made the valentine puzzle hearts? Well I thought we would try making some pumpkins. I bought a huge bag of 2000 pieces from our local thrift store for .99 should last us a while:)

First I hot glued the puzzle pieces into a round shape.


The children painted them with tole paints. It is a must to use art smocks as the paint is not washable.

Then we had to let them dry all morning.



By afternoon they were ready to decorate with construction paper. Pretty cool activity for a rainy day like we had here in N.S last week:)

The books for todays activity:

This book is for the wee 12 and 16 month olds but the older children still love the sparkly pictures and lift the flap pages.



A great counting book for any child under the age of 5. We read this one probably 5 times in one sitting:)Thanks for looking and please see my sidebar for all the great blogs I link up to:)


6 comments:

the bees house said...

I love that this book WHERE IS BABY'S PUMPKIN is for the very young. Found you on the linky hop. I am in Australia working with young children.

Brimful Curiosities said...

The puzzle pieces do make a cute pumpkin! I bet they'd make some really cute ghosts and bats, too!

Michelle said...

What a neat idea! Had not thought to use puzzle pieces like this! Thanks for sharing! :)

Leptir (NataĊĦa) said...

Hi Andrea! I have forwarded The Versatile Blogger Award to you:
http://leptir-mojpribor.blogspot.com/2011/10/another-versatile-blogger-award.html

Enjoy :)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is such a great way to upcycle a bunch of puzzle piece!

Thank you for linking to Read.Explore.Learn.

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

This is such a cute craft & I LOVE that it was based on a book!! I would love for you to link up at my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
~Beth

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.