Friday, January 20, 2012

Homemade Granola Bars

Yummmm! Homemade is so much better than the store bought bars and you know what is in them ;) this bar broke when I was trying to pry the wax paper off (read below)



I got this recipe from Another lunch blog. Recipe found Here.They are pretty simple to make and are so yummy. However, it takes way more honey than in the recipe. And I think next time I will use a silicone 8x8 pan instead of using the wax paper as suggested. The granola set with the wax paper causing it to become like cement and I had to scrape it off:( I used our Christmas Rice Krispies. other than those two things these were so good, fast and the kiddos really enjoyed them. Oh and very filling:) We will be making these again! Wrapped in wax paper and stored in a air tight container. Thanks for stopping by I love reading your comments. Please see my sidebar for all the great blogs I link up to:)

4 comments:

Patty Walsh said...

I made these with the kids this morning and they are super yummy and so easy: ) I didn't have rice crispies so we added unsweetened coconut, sliced almonds and dried cranberries. I used parchment (my silicone mat has seen better days) and it worked well.

Andrea said...

Did you have to add way more honey? glad to hear it worked out for you:)

Patty Walsh said...

I put a little less than 1/2 cup oil and maybe 1/3 cup honey.

Mara said...

Great recipe, looks easy, I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits Since October 13, 2010

Home Create account Login Styles Tutorial Policies FAQ Contact Advertise Free-Counter.com | Free Counter provides a reliable hit counter with real time web site statistics and customizable images.